We released a major upgrade to the Power Emini Alert Software at the beginning of 2021.
The current version is 4.6.3 – if you’re running an older version contact us for the update instructions.
The first thing you want to do when you get the Alert Software installed is click the Settings Button and choose which instruments you want to follow. Check the boxes in the Settings to display the tabs for the instruments. ES-M is the recommended algo to start off with.
v4.5.x – Watch This Video First
NOTE: The Alert Software has been modified slightly since the 4.5.0 video above was recorded, however it still provides a good overview of how to work with the tabs and the settings, and everything about the “functionality” of the alert software itself.
The Power E-Mini Desktop Alert Software – What Is It?
Program Overview: The Power E-mini Alert Software is a stand alone Windows program that receives ES Trading Signals directly from our Automated Momentum Breakout Alert System, which runs on our back-end server.
This new strategy works by adaptively monitoring dynamic market price boundaries where the market has a high likelihood of breaking out and exploding into large-scale momentum moves. It utilizes a formula I developed which I named the “Dynamic Trigger Range“, an exciting new price analysis concept that I came up with during my research – which quite frankly gives the best E-Mini Trading Signals I have experienced during my 9 years as a futures day trader.
The Power Emini System consists of 2 components. The back-end system runs on a U.S. based server and directly sends signals to the Desktop Alert Software which resides on your computer as a receiver. The beauty of the stand-alone Alert Software is that you can trade with any broker you choose and use any platform that you want.
The Alert Software runs 2 different trading Systems – the Momentum Breakout System on the -M tabs and the Power Scalper System on the -S tabs. Both are based on the same “Momentum Breakout” concept using the Dynamic Trigger range, but are calibrated to work differently.
Desktop Software Features
1) Audio Alerts give you a heads-up when a new trade setup is generated – when a Trade Alert Signal is given – when a Trailing Stop gets moved up – and when new System Notes are posted.
2) Choose the the Tabs you want displayed in the Settings – Each tab corresponds to a specific instrument and system. -S tabs are the Scalper and -M tabs are the Momentum.
3) If the Send Top is set to “On” for any of the tabs, when that tab gets a new alert it will bring it to the front screen.
4) Click the Settings Button to bring up the screen where you can choose which tabs to display.
5) The Tutorial button links to the Help and Documentation Knowledge Base website.
6) This drop-down box lets you choose different color schemes (skins) for the selected tab in the software. You can choose different looks for different tabs.
7) This is the Alert Window for the Momentum system – When a Signal fires it displays the Trade Price Barrier. On the Scalper tabs you will see the Countdown Timer in this area and when the timer reached 0:00 a new Dynamic Trigger range is generated.
8) The Momentum Meter uses a sophisticated set of indicators behind the scenes – to provide a real-time glimpse at “participant commitment”. When it’s in the blue section, conditions are “cold / dull”. Green is “medium / good participation” and when the needle is in the red it means the market is “Hot right now”. It’s very adaptive and can change quickly.
9) The Dynamic Trigger Range is the Key to the system. Plot 2 horizontal lines in your chart at the range High and range Low – they are your visual reference points on the chart. For the scalpers we want to play the breakout of the range. The Momentum System keys off breakouts of the Range and issues Alerts in the direction of the breakout.
10) The Momentum System displays the current Target and Trailing Stop once a trade has triggered-in. You will hear an audio alert when the Target or Trailing Stop changes if the Audio is set to On.
11) The Trend Direction indicator gives an real-time look at the near-term prevailing trend.
12) Click the System Notes button to open the screen below. The drop-down box to the right lets you adjust the font size of the System Notes to suit your preference.
13) The Join Group Meeting button displays when we are doing a Live Group Training session – typically on a Friday. It won’t display otherwise.
14) This is the System Notes section where you will see important messages and details about the tab you have selected.
Working With the Tabs in Version 4.6.x
The New version of the Alert Software has a Settings button that allows you to turn on the Tabs for the different symbols and algos you want to get alerts on. When you first install the Alert software only the top ES-S tab will show. Click the Settings button to display the Tabs and turn on alerts for the other symbols you want to follow.
We recommend you only check the boxes to display the tabs for symbols and systems you want to follow.
The Tabs work in conjunction with the “Send Top” On / Off selection at the top of the screen.
Here’s how the Tabs work.
You click the Tab corresponding to the symbol you want to “brought to the front” of the Alert Window.
Notice the “Send Top” On / Off at the top of the screen.
This brings whichever symbol is currently receiving an Alert to the front – if you have it set to “On”. By default all symbols are set to “Off”.
In other words, if both the ES and NQ are set to “on” and you are on the ES tab – if the NQ gets a new alert – it will bring the NQ Alert to the front screen.
If you are only trading one symbol and prefer to have that symbol stay at the front of the alert window, simply click the tab on the other symbols and change the “Send Top” to Off.
To summarize, when you have the “send top” set to “on” on any Tab, when that symbol gets an Alert it pops to the front of the screen. This makes it easy to follow alerts on multiple symbols at the same time.
The Momentum Breakout System vs. The Power Scalper System
Your Power Emini Desktop Alert Software includes 2 separate trading algorithms. The top ES-M tab in the software runs the Momentum Breakout System, which is intended to capture LARGE POINT MOVES on days where the market makes a big directional, trending impulse move.
The Power Scalper algo is for active intraday trading – based on tighter tolerances and a different calibration of the Dynamic Trigger Range. The Power Scalper generates a new Dynamic Trigger Range every 20-minutes and is intended to be traded using a 20-second chart.
The difference between the ES Momentum Breakout System and the ES Power Scalper System