Navigating the Alert Software Features
The current version is 4.7.0 – if you’re running an older version contact us for the update instructions.
The first thing you want to do when you get the Alert Software installed is click the Settings Button and choose which instruments you want to follow. Check the boxes in the Settings to display the tabs for the instruments. ES-M is the recommended algo to start off with.
v4.5.x – Watch This Video First
NOTE: The Alert Software has been modified since the 4.5.0 video above was recorded, however it still provides a good overview of the “functionality” of the alert software itself. We will be updating this video in the near future for the new Version 4.7, but we left it up in the mean time because it covers the basic stuff.
The Alert Software runs 2 different trading Systems – the Momentum Breakout System on the -M tabs and the Power Scalper System on the -S tabs. Both are based on the same “Momentum Breakout” concept using the Dynamic Trigger range, but are calibrated to work differently.
Desktop Software Features – v4.7
1) Audio Alerts give you a heads-up when a new trade setup is generated – when a Trade Alert Signal is given – when a Trailing Stop gets moved up – and when new System Notes are posted.
2) Choose the the Tabs you want displayed in the Settings – Each tab corresponds to a specific instrument and system. -S tabs are the Scalper and -M tabs are the Momentum.
3) If the Send Top is set to “On” for any of the tabs, when that tab gets a new alert it will bring it to the front screen.
4) Click the Settings Button to bring up the screen where you can choose which tabs to display.
5) The Help button links to the Help and Documentation Knowledge Base website.
6) This drop-down box lets you choose different color schemes (skins) for the selected tab in the software. You can choose different looks for different tabs.
7) The Traction Meter displays the max distance price has traveled above and below the Trade Price Barrier on open Alerts
8) This is the Alert Window for the Momentum System – When an Alert is in progress it displays the Trade Price Barrier. On the Scalper tabs you will see the Countdown Timer in this area and when the timer reaches 0:00 a new Dynamic Trigger Range is generated.
9) The Momentum Meter uses a sophisticated set of indicators behind the scenes – to provide a real-time glimpse at “participant commitment”. When it’s in the blue section, conditions are “cold / dull”. Green is “medium / good participation” and when the needle is in the red it means the market is “Hot right now”. It’s very adaptive and can change quickly.
10) The Dynamic Trigger Range is the Key to the system. Plot 2 horizontal lines in your chart at the range High and range Low – they are your visual reference points on the chart. For the scalpers we want to play the breakout of the range. The Momentum System keys off breakouts of the Range and issues Alerts in the direction of the breakout. It helps identify “fast and slow” market conditions intraday.
11) The Momentum System displays the current Target and Trailing Stop once a trade has triggered-in. You will hear an audio alert when the Target or Trailing Stop changes if the Audio is set to On.
12) The Trend Direction indicator gives an real-time look at the near-term prevailing trend.
13) This is the System Notes section where you will see important messages and details about the tab you have selected. The System Notes update automatically in real-time and provide the play-by-play action for each “event” that occurs.
14) The Connected message verifies your Alert Software is online and connected to our server.
NOTE: IF you are on a laptop or computer that is set to “sleep mode” or “hibernate” your software may Disconnect when your computer goes into Sleep mode. Simply close and then re-open the Alert Software to reconnect it.
Alert Software Settings Screen
Click the Settings button in the Alert Software to get to the various program settings. This is where you can choose to display additional tabs for the various instruments and also choose to view the Scalper and Momentum tabs for those instruments.
We recommend you only check the boxes to display the tabs for symbols and systems you want to follow.
Each Tab you have displayed pulls data for that instrument, which uses additional resources on your computer / connection.
Here are the other features in the Settings screen you see outlined in the image above.
1) The “color tabs” and “flash tabs” boxes can be checked to give you a little extra heads-up when you are following multiple instruments or both the Scalper and Momentum. When one of the tabs other than the one you have selected at the time receives a new Alert – it will blink and change color.
2) You can choose to show “24-Hour time” if desired – and also have the Seconds displayed in the System Notes and Time Stamps by checking the corresponding boxes.
3) This is where your Login / activation credentials are entered / displayed.
Here’s how the “Send Top” feature works
If the “send top” is set to On for a specific Tab, when the Tab receives a new Alert, it will “pull that screen to the front”.
This feature brings whichever symbol is currently receiving an Alert to the front screen. By default all symbols are set to “Off”. Keep in mind that each individual tab has its own Send Top setting, and you only want to have it set to On for a couple tabs – or your front screen can get confusing since it will keep switching back and forth as different symbols / algos receive new Alerts.
In other words, if both the ES-M and NQ-S are set to “on” and you are on the ES-M tab – when the NQ-S Tab gets a new alert – it will bring the NQ-S Alert / Tab to the front screen. If you are only trading one symbol and prefer to have that symbol stay at the front of the alert window, be sure the “Send Top” is Off on all the other Tabs.
The Send Top makes it convenient to follow alerts when trading the Momentum System on one symbol and the Scalper on another.
The Momentum Breakout System vs. The Power Scalper System
Your Power Emini Desktop Alert Software includes 2 separate trading algorithms. The top ES-M tab in the software runs the Momentum Breakout System, which is intended to capture LARGE POINT MOVES on days where the market makes a big directional, trending impulse move.
The Power Scalper algo is for active intraday trading – based on tighter tolerances and a different calibration of the Dynamic Trigger Range. The Power Scalper generates a new Dynamic Trigger Range every 20-minutes and is intended to be traded using a 20-second chart.
The difference between the ES Momentum Breakout System and the ES Power Scalper System