Dynamic Trigger Range Indicator – Installation
For NinjaTrader 7
The Alert Software must be installed on the same computer as your NinjaTrader for the indicator to function.
Follow the Download / Install instructions below.
Note: You will plot this on your 1-minute and 5-minute charts and the Range Indicator will automatically plot and adjust the high/low of the Dynamic Trigger Range.
Note: The indicator is a receiver identical to the software, i.e. it runs and is online when the system is online. The range indicator works with all the symbols – on both the Momentum Breakout and Power Scalper – identical to the desktop alert software.
Instructions: Follow Each Step Very Carefully
– Download / Save the indicator .zip file here: PowerEminiDynamicRangeIndicatorNT7.zip
into your C:\PowerEminiAlerts2017 Folder (do not unzip)
NOTE: Many browsers will automatically save the .zip to the Downloads Folder by default on your computer. You may need to navigate to your Downloads Folder to find the .zip file you just saved. You can import it into Ninja from there.
– From Ninja Control Center click on File -> Utilities -> Import NinjaScript (if you get a warning message about importing only from a trusted source just “allow” and continue)
– Locate the PowerEminiDynamicRangeIndicator.zip and import.
– Now you MUST shut the Ninja Platform down and restart it. If you don’t close Ninja and then re-open it the indicator will not get registered. It will not work if you skip this step.
Open NinjaTrader back up…
– On your 1 minute chart right click and choose Indicator. Choose PowerEminiDynamicRangeIndicator from the list and double-click it so it appears in the bottom portion of the Indicators dialog box like this:
Your chart will look something like this.
Be sure to SAVE your configuration in NinjaTrader after you install and configure everything. Save it as a
Workspace as soon as you get the indicator imported.
You can use this indicator on any chart type, and also have concurrent charts open for ES, NQ, CL, YM etc if desired and run the indicator on each. You can also choose between the momentum and Scalper system for any of the symbols – everything you see on the chart reflects the corresponding Tab in the Alert Software.
To change the “system” just right-click on your chart and select “Indicators”. Scroll up to the top of the Parameters and click next to the word Scalper or Momentum to get the drop-down box to change systems. (Parameter #1)
The indicator automatically knows which symbol to use based on the chart you have the indicator loaded on. Just change the Symbol on your ninja chart and the indicator will automatically adjust everything on the chart. (Dynamic trigger lines only appear on the chart when the corresponding system is online and active.)
The Power Scalper is designed to be traded off a 20-second chart and the Momentum Target System is best to follow on a 5-minute chart.
You will also want to make the following chart settings.
Right Click on chart – choose properties -> Right Side Margin = 150
(so the price bars aren’t squished into the Range High and Range Low value labels)
Also on your chart in the upper menu you can Turn Cross Hairs On so you can easily identify price levels
Please Email email@example.com to Confirm that you have successfully installed the indicator
Recommended Parameter Settings: